This article is incomplete.
Please help improve IDW Sonic Hub Wiki by expanding it.
Team Sonic Racing is the first one-shot special of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series. It serves as a prequel to the video game of the same name.
- Sonic and his teammates Knuckles and Tails journey to a new planet and enter a race unlike any other! With a little help from friends like Amy Rose, Big the Cat, and a few other familiar faces, Sonic must race to prevent an old foe from obtaining a powerful new technology in this story by writer Caleb Goellner (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and longtime Sonic The Hedgehog artist Adam Bryce Thomas.
- Sonic and his friends, as well as Doctor Eggman, are made to compete in a racing event by Dodon Pa.
- The comic was originally scheduled for release on October 31 2018, and then was initially delayed to December 19, before finally being bumped back up to December 5.
- The video game of the same name that the comic was intended to promote wouldn't actually release until May 21, 2019, after it was delayed from its intended Winter 2018 release.
- This is the first IDW Sonic publication not to be written by Ian Flynn.
- This is the first Sonic video game adaptation published by IDW Publishing.
- This issue was released between issues #11 and #12 of the main series.
- As a result, the issue marks the physical IDW debut of Eggman in his proper state of mind, without him being an amnesiac or a duplicate.
Cameos and References
- Eggman references the time he "corrupted [the Wisps] entire species" (Sonic Colors).
The comics chronological placement in relation to the main series is unknown, and it's ambiguous whether or not it's even in continuity with the main series. The fact that Eggman appears in the story in his proper state of mind would place it as taking place at some point after "Battle for Angel Island" (StH: #9-#12).