Sonic comes across a town under attack from the biggest Badnik force he's ever seen. Luckily, help is on the way from his old friend Blaze, as well as a new hero! Get ready for the debut of Tangle!
- Sonic arrives in another village under attack by Eggman's robots, and teams up with local resident Tangle the Lemur to fend them off.
- Blaze arrives from her dimension to help Sonic and Tangle out, due to the Sol Emeralds detecting danger on the horizon.
- After dealing with the robots, Blaze and Tangle head off to put out flames in the village, while Sonic continues searching for the mysterious figure behind the attacks.
- Dr. Eggman is revealed to he hiding out in a house in an unspecified town.
Sonic: “Right, so, introductions! Blaze, this is Tangle. She’s a local. Tangle, this is Blaze. She’s a princess from another dimension and guardian of the Sol Emeralds. They’re like Chaos Emeralds. Only fiery.”
Dr. Eggman: “Oh-ho-ho...don’t worry, little one. I’ll fix your little red wagon. Soon, I’ll be fixing everything!
Variant Cover Gallery
Retail Incentive Covers
Other Variant Covers
- The actual story is unnamed in the issue itself. The title comes from the graphic novel volume in which it’s reprinted.
- Cover A is the fourth in a series of four connecting covers by artist Tyson Hesse.
- This issue is the only one of the first four issues whose second print variant consists of completely new artwork.
Cameos & References
- Sonic mentions that Eggman locked him up and took over the world, before his friends broke him out, referring to the beginning of Sonic Forces.
- Sonic tells Blaze that she was “about seven months too late” to help prevent Eggman’s takeover. In the game, Sonic was said to have been imprisoned for six months before his escape, implying that at least another month has passed since that event.